The Triangulum Galaxy.
|Right ascension||01h 33m 50.904s|
|Declination||+30° 39′ 35.79″|
|Distance||2.814 Mly (863 kpc)|
|Group or cluster||Local Group|
|Absolute magnitude (V)||-18.46|
|Mass||5 × 1010 M☉|
|Number of stars||40 billion|
|Size||28,120 ly (radius)|
|Notable features||This is the main galaxy of CelWP.|
|M 33, NGC 598, UGC 1117, PGC 5818, MCG 5-4-69|
The Triangulum Galaxy, also known as M 33, is a spiral galaxy that is the third largest member of the Local Group, and the main galaxy the Celestia Worldbuilding Project is based in. It is 28,120 light-years in radius, containing around 40 billion stars and many H II regions with active star formation. Trianglum also has many sapient species and civilizations.
Notable objects[edit | edit source]
- The galactic core region, including The Eye of Providence and the surrounding Providence Nebula, the Evolutionary Cross massive star cluster, and the bright supergiant star Meridan.
- The Bora Molecular Cloud Complex, a large star-forming region surrounding the Wolf-Rayet star Bora. It also contains the Ronel system of three massive, luminous stars, and is near the very bright supergiant Casalis.
- The Marcaide Cluster and its associated MCC, surrounding the Marcaide triple system and containing many luminous stars, including Genderen, a luminous blue variable, the Migatte binary system, Tovera, and the massive contact binary Viftis.
- The Arcus Nebula, a very large nebula centered on the red giant star Arcus and the GASCA cluster group.
- The Clash of Light and Darkness, also known as M33 X-7, a very massive X-ray binary system consisting of a black hole and an O-type giant star.
- Lacrimosa, an exceedingly bright Wolf-Rayet star that is as of Release 15 both the most massive and most luminous star in CelWP, at 258 solar masses and nearly 9 million solar luminosities. It is surrounded by a nebula.
- Add more if you want, but keep in mind that this list is for objects that are notable on a galactic scale (like large nebulae and very bright stars).
Globular clusters[edit | edit source]
Triangulum has around 60 globular clusters, including the Sanctuary Cluster.